WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE ROLE OF PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
– please note the application deadline has been extended to 5 April.
British Youth Opera is the UK's foremost training opera company, and in 2019 we are expanding our training opportunities to include the role of Production Assistant.
BYO offer one Production Assistant position for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in opera production from a non-technical perspective - perhaps as a Producer, General Manager, Company Manager or Arts Administrator. Candidates may have studied Music at university, or having been involved in opera or theatre based extracurricular activities while studying a different subject. Candidates should be at the end of studies and/or beginning of their careers and able to read music.
Work will be split between the BYO office, rehearsal studios and theatre. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager, Company Manager and Administrative Assistant.
This is a rare opportunity for the right candidate to gain key experience in opera production.
Description of role:
As this is a new position there is certain scope to tailor the responsibilities towards the candidate, however the basic outline of responsibilities include assisting with:
- the preparation, distribution and return of scores
- collection and editing of information for the printed programme
- the management of petty cash
- management of ticket requests and seating allocations
- organising of drinks receptions, parties and events
- liaison between the rehearsal room and the office
- logistics between rehearsals and theatre
- gathering and collation of information prior to the start of rehearsals, such as contact details, headshots and biographies
- general office tasks relating to the production
For Summer Season 2019:
The start date is flexible from early summer, but candidates should be available at the latest from 15 July until the end of the season on 7 September 2019.
To apply please complete the production trainee application form and return it with a CV and covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the new deadline of 12:00 on Friday 5 April 2019.
Interviews will be held in London in April 2019.
BYO charges no fees. Every participant who gains a place on a summer season production benefits from a fully-funded placement, and is paid a small subsistence.
Accommodation in London can be provided for a limited number of successful applicants who do not have a London base and would otherwise be unable to participate.