British Youth Opera is offering a unique training opportunity to an emerging movement director as part of its 2019 summer season.
We're looking for someone who has at least 2 or 3 years professional training in dance/movement (so you might still be in training or you might have just graduated). You don't need to have experience in opera or as a movement director, but you should have an interest in movement directing, creating movement for opera, working with singers and learning about how to work in an opera rehearsal room.
You will work with a professional movement director and responsibilities might include:
- assisting taking and delivering notes
- leading warm ups for singers
- helping devise movement/choreography
- annotating blocking and movement
- looking after the movement on the sessions where the movement director is unable to be in the rehearsal room
Rehearsals begin on 22 July and the final performance is on 7 September. We can sometimes accommodate NAs during the rehearsal period.
Having experience as a choreographer/director/
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 28 June 2019.