Assistant Production Managers
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE ROLE OF ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
– please note the application deadline has been extended to 5 April.
British Youth Opera is the UK's foremost training opera company, and the only one of its kind offering such opportunities to emerging production managers.
BYO’s summer season productions offer one position for an Assistant Production Manager.
Applicants should be at the start of their careers, perhaps in the final year of training or a recent graduate. Experience or training can take the form of stage management, technician, carpentry, lighting or other theatrical disciplines.
The Assistant Production Manager will work with a professional Production Manager throughout the process of our Summer Season productions.
The Assistant Production Manager’s responsibilities include:
- attending design/costing meetings
- meetings with construction companies
- research into any special requirements for productions
- attending weekly production meetings
- attending final run-throughs in the rehearsal room
- assisting the Production Manager in running budgets and drafting schedules
- attending the get-in, fit-up and rehearsals in theatre
- taking the lead at selected rehearsals if required
- after the first night: taking sole charge of ensuring the smooth running of rehearsals, cover showings, performances and get-out.
For Summer Season 2019:
Assistant Production Managers commitment can be flexible prior to rehearsals, but they should be available from 15 July until the end of the season on 7 September 2019.
Interviews will be held in London in April 2019.
BYO charges no fees. Every participant who gains a place on a summer season production benefits from a fully-funded placement, and is paid a small subsistence.
Accommodation in London can be provided for a limited number of successful applicants who do not have a London base and would otherwise be unable to participate.