Assistant Production Managers
APPLICATIONS FOR ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGERS ARE NOW CLOSED. DETAILS FOR OUR 2019 SEASON WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY.
Please check back again for further details.
British Youth Opera is the UK's foremost training opera company, and the only one of its kind offering such opportunities to emerging production managers.
BYO’s summer season productions offer one position for an Assistant Production Manager, who will assist the Production Manager throughout the season. Applicants should be at the start of their careers, and have a particular interest in production management.
The Assistant Production Manager will work with a professional Production Manager throughout the process of our Summer Season productions.
The Assistant Production Manager’s responsibilities include:
- attending design/costing meetings
- meetings with the construction companies
- research into any special requirements for productions
- attending weekly production meetings
- attending final run-throughs in the rehearsal room
- assisting the Production Manager in running budgets and drafting schedules
- attending get-in, fit-up and rehearsals in theatre
- running selected rehearsals if required
- after the first night: taking sole charge of ensuring the smooth running of rehearsals, cover showings, performances and get-out.
BYO charges no fees. Every participant who gains a place on a summer season production benefits from a fully-funded placement, and is paid a small subsistence.
Accommodation in London can be provided for a limited number of successful applicants who do not have a London base and would otherwise be unable to participate.