Find vacancies listed below.
Also, if you are interested in volunteering please contact email@example.com
Full Time Post
British Youth Opera seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic Administrative Assistant to help ensure the smooth running of the organisation. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a background in and love for the performing arts (particularly classical music and/or opera). Working across all areas of the Company (including administration, fundraising, marketing, technical and artistic) this post would ideally suit a young arts graduate keen to explore a career in Arts management.
Apply with CV and Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday 10 March 2017
Interviews: Wednesday, 29 March 2017 (at London South Bank University)
The Administrative Assistant will support the General Manager in ensuring the smooth running of BYO’s office at London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA (and any other bases they may use), and support the Executive and other professionals engaged by BYO in their work.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: General Manager
Salary: £17,745 - £19,565 p.a.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer audition process from announcing auditions through logging their receipt, setting up audition schedule, liaising with audition panel and venues;
- Administer interview process for all other placements as above;
- With General Manager and senior professional staff, ensure the smooth running of rehearsals and workshops;
- Answer all enquiries regarding auditions and interviews;
- Support Director of Training & Productions and Music Director in the dissemination of casting results;
- With the General Manager, oversee ticket applications and allocations for Summer Season;
- With the General Manager, organise events during the year, liaising with venues, caterers, suppliers, guests and performers;
- With the General Manager, ensure databases are kept up to date and functional;
- With the General Manager, ensure website is up to date and informative;
- Set up meetings, book meeting rooms and liaise with participants;
- Attend performances and events and liaise with the press, invited guests, general public as required.
Supporting the Executive
- Support the Executive Director in all matters as required (including development of printed material, marketing and fundraising initiatives, fundraising research);
- Support the Director of Training & Productions and Music Director in all matters as required (including auditions and interviews as above);
- Represent the Company at external events when required.
- Provide the first point of contact with BYO in person, on the telephone, in writing, both in the office and at external events;
- Ensure the smooth running of the office including all stationery and other supplies are monitored and kept up to date;
- Liaise with all suppliers (photocopier, software, database etc.);
- Assist the General Manager in the recruitment and management of Volunteers.
Any other duties reasonably requested by the General Manager or any member of the Executive.
- Highly organised;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel and other standard applications.
- Educated to at least graduate level;
- Arts or related education background;
- Experience of an Arts Management environment.
- An interest in and understanding of the performing arts in general, classical music and opera in particular;
- A commitment to the objectives of British Youth Opera;
- Self-starter and motivated, able to work on own initiative, but a good team player;
- An eye for detail;
- Able to see problems, discuss them and – preferably – solve them;