British Youth Opera was founded in 1987 to provide professional rehearsal and performance opportunities for emerging singers, musicians and technical trainees on the threshold of their careers.
Now regarded as one of the country's foremost opera training companies, it works to provide the very best professional development through an annual programme of workshops, masterclasses and fully-staged operas at Sadler's Wells' Peacock Theatre.
The video clip above is from BYO's 2009 production of La scala di seta featuring (in order of singing):
- Carlos Nogueira (Dorvil)
- Gary Griffiths (Germano)
- Aaron Alphonsus McAuley (Blansac)
- Natalya Romaniw (Giuilia)
- Robert Dean (conductor)
- Jamie Hayes (director)
- Will Bowen (designer)
- David Howe (lighting designer)
- Mandy Demetriou (movement director)
- Isobel Flinn (vocal coach)
- Isabella Radcliffe (language coach)
- with SouthBank Sinfonia